On this page, I’ll basically talk about AOSP ROMs, their bugs, possible solutions, suggested Mods to use etc.
LG V30 Custom ROM reviews: https://aakashverma.com/lg-v30-all-custom-rom-video-reviews/
1. All Pie AOSP ROMs except LOS16 Beta need Oreo Blobs i.e. Oreo Firmware
2. All Android 10 and 11 AOSP ROMs need Pie Blobs i.e. Stock Pie Firmware. Just use any pie firmware compatible with your variant.
3. If the ROM doesn’t boot for you or you have issue of camera & Flashlight not working then try using permissive SElinux. Flash this in TWRP and select permissive: https://zackptg5.com/downloads/Kernel-Sepolicy-Patcher.zip
4. Recommended Gapps: https://nikgapps.github.io/
5. If SafetyNet does not pass then apps like netflix, google pay may detect root and refuse to work. This be easily resolved by this module: https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix . Enable zygisk and also add the apps you want to hide root from to the denylist.
6. LG camera(and other LG apps) does not and will never work on AOSP. Use Gcam from here: https://t.me/Lgcam (Much better pictures than stock camera). Instead of LG music player you may try AIMP, UAPP or Neutron.
Kernel and ROM compatibility
1. Kernels made for Android 11 will disable wifi on stock pie and Android 10
2. Android 10 kernels will work on stock pie but will break wifi on A11.
3. Android 9 AOSP kernels can be used on Stock Oreo but not on Stock Pie, Android 10 and Android 11.
AOSP Pie ROMs after Stock Pie
If you flash pie KDZ then AOSP ROMs like LOS, RR, havoc won’t work properly.(might not boot or things like camera may not work).
Even if you flash Oreo KDZ and then flash AOSP ROMs, the camera and flashlight won’t work on enforcing but will work on permissive selinux.
But even on permissive a few sensors may not work(e.g. pocketmode). Still ROMs work decently if you downgrade to oreo firmware.
There is no workaround for this.
Note: Los17, Liquid Q and any other Android 10 ROMs need Pie firmware.
Stock Pie after Android 10 or 11 AOSP ROMs
If Camera and flashlight doesn’t work for you on stock pie after AOSP ROMs then do this:-
1) Restore persist in TWRP that you backed up from stock Pie
2) Dirty flash twrp zip of the stock ROM
3) If 1 doesn’t work then Flash this in TWRP and select permissive: https://zackptg5.com/downloads/Kernel-Sepolicy-Patcher.zip . This will definitely fix the camera for you.
Bugs on Android 12 ROMs (Work in progress/ not a definitive list)
- No VoLTE or VoWifi.
- USB debugging issue of some ROMs.
Bugs on Android 11 ROMs
- No VoLTE or VoWifi
- AOD brightness can’t changed. OLED Saver app can be used to change it.
- If you have GPS issues then do this fix: https://t.me/LGV30U/1187
- Chrome freezes and does not work for some people. Use chrome v74 or another browser.
- FM radio does not work.
- Most Gcams have trouble recording videos.
Bugs on Android 10 ROMs
1. Wifi may or May not work for you
If it doesn’t work then try: https://t.me/LGV30U/914
2. If wifi is unstable try Flashing oreo modem(using img file in twrp)
a) H930 Modem: https://t.me/LGV30U/128
b) US998 Modem: https://t.me/LGV30U/124
3. AOD brightness can’t changed. OLED Saver app can be used to change
4. Android Auto doesn’t work (Solved on Resurrection Remix 8.6.7)
5. No VoLTE or VoWifi
6. Turn off wifi scanning under location settings otherwise you’ll have soft reboots while turning on/off Wifi.
If you are having sim issues after a soft reboot because of this, turn airplane mode on and off!
7. Sprint has some issues: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/help/sprint-lte-data-issues-aosp-roms-t3927841
8. Screencast doesn’t work too well.
9. While on call, touchscreen still takes input even when display is turned off via proximity sensor.
Bugs on Pie ROMs
1. No VoLTE or VoWifi
2. AVC reset bug when you pause and play music.
3. Have to say ‘Ok Google’ twice to launch google assistant.
4. Static sound on loudspeaker on video calls, PUBG etc. Use earphones and it will work fine.
5. Sprint has some issues: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/help/sprint-lte-data-issues-aosp-roms-t3927841
6. U.S. Verizon carrier users have to make a phone call after any reboots to receive texts.
7. Screencast broken.
Warning: These are from my experience. Using customs ROMs can cause you issues. I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your device so proceed with caution.